Many of you have asked questions about the new m.aviongoo.com website (http://m.aviongoo.com). Here's some info for you early adopters and beta-testers. In the future we will turn this into a HELP page for m.aviongoo.com
Warning! If your browser does not store your email address and password in "cookies" for subsequent use on the first page of m.aviongoo.com, you will find use tedious at best. You do not need to enter email or password for 'Tail Number' lookup.
How To Use
There are a few tricks to make m.aviongoo work for you. The first thing you will want to do is put a shortcut on your "desktop". In this case your "desktop" is the screen on your smartphone device. A general example follows follows:
- In a browser on your smart-phone device, bring up the http://m.aviongoo.com website
- Click the '+' (many call it the Add button) at the bottom center of the device's display screen
- Click the 'Add To Home Screen' link that pops up
- Enter 'Aviongoo' or some other short designation for the link
- Verify you have a link on your smartphone device
Now, just click on your new Aviongoo button to quickly start m.aviongoo.com. The next step is to enter your email address and password. If you have not guessed by now, the email address and password is the same as your Aviongoo email address and password on the Aviongoo website (http://www.aviongoo.com). If you are not a member yet, the basic membership is free. But, we think most aviation professionals will want to buy a Paid Membership
to get the most functionality. Many of the www.aviongoo.com and m.aviongoo.com features are or will be for Paid Members exclusively.
Why m.aviongoo.com ?
We used the 'm' where you normally see 'www' because there is a trend that uses 'm' for just this purpose. We like the trend because 'm' is short and 'm' stands for 'mobile'.
m.aviongoo.com pulls together information query functions that can quickly be used effectively on a small screen device. For example:
- Tail Number Lookup - just enter the Tail Number and press GO. We are adding more foreign registries over time.
- Contact Lookup - you can lookup by Phone, Name or Company Name or a combination
- Most Recent Aircraft - the most recent additions of used aircraft for sale for the model group of aircraft in which you have an interest.
- Get Nearby Aircraft - uses GPS proximity information to show where aircraft of interest may be close to your location. This functin is still being expanded.
- Suggest New Features - quickly send us a little message about what we can add to make your life easier.
- Aircraft Picture Upload - not yet implemented
- List My Contacts - provides a list of contacts you have stored on Aviongoo. The origin may be manual entry or selection from Aviongoo data, however, we have reserved storage area for Paid Members.
- List My Aircraft - the origin is the original ShortList from Aviongoo. However, the functionality has bengreatly expanded. Aircraft may be added to this list from from My Group, a ShortList click or via a Save click on m.aviongoo.com for saving an aircraft.
- Find (global) - General information lookup from Aviongoo. Note that this function may be removed from m.aviongoo.com if it proves to have a negative impact on performance.
- Find (local) - General Information lookup from your My Contacts and aircraft on your Active ShortList.
- More to come - we will be adding more over time
The above does not fully cover the outputs possible for m.aviongoo.com. For example, when complete the map
feature on Get Nearby Aircraft
will provide you a Google Map of similar aircraft to the one you currently have a focus. In that way, if you have a business deal going in a certain geographic area, you may be able to use your time more effectively in situations where you get done early or where you had a late cancellation.
Anyway . . ., that's all for now. We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions concerning m.aviongoo.com and what we might do to make it better.